Tuesday 3 September 2013

A Gaslamp

A Gaslamp

Rural life is a part of our life we should be missing
The first decade of my life
Not all in the area enjoy light bulbs
Not all household have their own fountain of water
The scarcity of resources was not an obstacle
Poverty didn't stop me from dreaming
My dream to see the city lights
Yes, I did , lived and is living in a city full of lights.
Rewinding the life's hindrances
Studying with the help of a gaslamp , sharpening pencils with a knife
I am Thankful having the basic needs of a child and a student
Unfortunately, folks from the community see the dark smoke from the gaslamp
Staining their walls, their ceiling 
And not to mention, breath in the kerosene smell
Looking at the flies enjoying the light that they see in the middle of a dark farm
I am one of them, I appreciated the little light that gave me guidance at the darkest point of the night
The light i will follow whenever i feel darkness.
The little light that brought me here, to where I am and to where I am going to.
How about you, did you see the light emited or the dark smoke that stained your wall?

LDivinaGalvez
4 August 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment